Alabama Department of Revenue - Alabama Accountability Act of 2013 Guidance
Alabama Accountability Act (AAA) of 2013 Guidance
Please check this page often as additional guidance and information will be included as it becomes published.
AAA Documents Currently Available
Scholarship Granting Organizations
Reserving Tax Credits by Indicating Donations to Scholarship Granting Organizations
- Reserving a tax credit requires the use of the Department's online portal for taxpayers, My Alabama Taxes. Taxpayers who have not previously set up an account will need to Sign Up for My Alabama Taxes.
- When signing up for MAT, individual taxpayers will need to select Individual Income Tax as their account type and then enter their Social Security number along with their Adjusted Gross Income from the prior year's tax return in order to set up a My Alabama Taxes account.
- Taxpayers may use their existing My Alabama Taxes Account to reserve a portion of the available tax credit.
- Once logged into MAT, a taxpayer will need to select SGO Donation from the menu on the left margin of the page and follow a short series of instructions/steps to record their donation and reserve their potion of the credit.
- Individual taxpayers needing assistance with signing up for My Alabama Taxes Account or with reserving a tax credit may call (334) 242-1099 or (334) 353-9770.
- Corporate taxpayers needing assistance with signing up for My Alabama Taxes Account or with reserving a tax credit may call (334) 242-1200.
Participating Non-Public Schools