An official website of the Alabama State government.

The .gov means it's official

Government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you’re on an official government site.

The site is secure

The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

FAQ Categories: Business Privilege Tax

How do I obtain the forms needed to register, withdraw, or dissolve my business through the Office of the Secretary of State?

Forms and information needed can be accessed through one of the following websites provided by the Office of the Secretary of State or Atlas Alabama. https://www.sos.alabama.gov/ Main page for Office of the Secretary of State https://www.sos.alabama.gov/business-entities Business Entities main page https://www.sos.alabama.gov/business-entities/business-downloads Business downloads/ forms https://atlasalabama.gov/ – Atlas Alabama

Read More »

How do I Withdraw or Dissolve my business?

The steps for withdrawals and dissolutions are outline below: Dissolutions- Domestic entity Complete Articles of Dissolutions Form based on the entity type. https://www.alabamainteractive.org/sos/welcome.action Follow the instructions on the form pertaining to the type of entity you are dissolving. DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION ARTICLES OF DISSOLUTION https://www.sos.alabama.gov/sites/default/files/2020-12/DomesticBusinessCorporationDissolution.pdf DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)

Read More »

How do I register for MAT?

Taxpayers must receive an (Online Filing Info) letter to sign up for MAT. Normally after they have registered their business with the Secretary of State, taxpayers will receive their letter within 4-6 weeks from the Alabama Department of Revenue. Once this letter is received, taxpayers need to visit our website

Read More »

How do I change my address on MAT?

Where do I start? Click the Home link to go to the summary page you see when you first sign in. To edit a customer level address: Click the Names and Addressestab from the customer springboard. Find the Customer Names & Addresses To edit an account level address: Go to

Read More »

How do I make a Payment for Business Privilege Tax?

My Alabama Taxes (MAT): Taxpayers can make an ACH Debit payment through their MAT account. MAT Billing payment: Make an ACH Debit payment by clicking Pay A Bill I’ve received under Quick payments from the www.myalabamataxes.alabama.gov home screen. No MAT account is needed just the billing letter received. Taxpayer Assistance

Read More »