Due Date for Filing Elections Extended to Help Taxpayers
MONTGOMERY – The Alabama Department of Revenue (ALDOR) recently announced that the deadline to make the election to be taxed at the entity level for certain pass-through entities has been extended to Aug. 15.
This entity-level tax election is being implemented for the first time for the 2021 tax year, so ALDOR wants to help those that showed an intention to make the election but erroneously failed to do so through My Alabama Taxes.
ALDOR will recognize elections to be taxed at the entity level that are filed using My Alabama Taxes no later than August 15, 2022, as elections validly made by the due date for those pass-through entities who:
- Timely filed the required entity and member tax returns, as if the election had been properly made for the year;
- Timely made an electing pass-through entity extension payment; or
- Made an entity-level tax payment prior to the due date of the respective return.
Taxpayers meeting any of the above must access My Alabama Taxes to make the election for the 2021 tax year no later than August 15, 2022. There is not a paper alternative for this online election.
For additional guidance and FAQ on the pass-through entity election or assistance with My Alabama Taxes on making this election:
- Contact the ALDOR Pass-through Entity Tax Section at 334-242-1033.
- Visit https://www.revenue.alabama.gov/notice-alabama-electing-pass-through-entity-tax-act-guidance/
Read the original ALDOR Announcement of Extension at https://www.revenue.alabama.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/220617_REL_INC_PassThroughExtensionAug15.pdf
For help with My Alabama Taxes, click here https://www.revenue.alabama.gov/help-center/