An official website of the Alabama State government.

The .gov means it's official

Government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you’re on an official government site.

The site is secure

The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

  • Homepage
  • >
  • Do you have a TTY number for the hearing impaired?

Do you have a TTY number for the hearing impaired?

Yes. The TTY number is (334) 242-3061.

Yes. The TTY number is (334) 242-3061.

Related FAQs in General - Individual Income Tax, Individual Income Tax

Ex-spouses remain individually liable on a final assessment entered on a joint tax return, even if the parties have mutually agreed that only one of the parties will be responsible for payment. Such decisions are not binding on the Alabama Department of Revenue.

Yes. The TTY number is (334) 242-3061.

The IRS can be reached by calling 1-800-829-1040, visiting their website at www.irs.gov, or you can contact to your local IRS office. Go to https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office to find your local IRS office.

You can change your address on-line if you have a My Alabama Taxes Account (MAT).

To change your address using your MAT account:

Log into your MAT Account.
Click on the “Names and Addresses” tab.
Then click on your address.
Click “Edit”.
Make the necessary changes.
Then click “Verify Address”.
Click the select hyperlink next to your verified address.
Then click save.

If you do not have a MAT account and need your address changed/update, go to our website and complete the Change of Address form at https://www.revenue.alabama.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/fchangeofaddress.pdf

To protect your privacy, our office cannot send copies of individual tax returns to you electronically. To obtain a copy of your Alabama tax return, you may mail in an Alabama Form 4506-A Request for Copy of Tax Form or Individual Income Tax Account Information. There is a $5 fee for this information, and we ask that you allow 8 to 10 weeks for processing.

If you know or even suspect someone has stolen your identity, complete and submit an Identity Theft Affidavit. You should also visit https://www.revenue.alabama.gov/faqs/how-do-i-know-if-i-might-be-a-victim-of-identity-theft/ and https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-central.