An official website of the Alabama State government.

The .gov means it's official

Government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you’re on an official government site.

The site is secure

The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

  • Homepage
  • >
  • If you have questions, or need to provide information regarding the Medical Cannabis Privilege Tax, electronic responses, with explanations and attachments, may be sent to:

If you have questions, or need to provide information regarding the Medical Cannabis Privilege Tax, electronic responses, with explanations and attachments, may be sent to:


Related FAQs in Medical Cannabis Privilege Tax

If you have received a Medical Cannabis Privilege tax delinquency notice from ALDOR, and you have not filed the required return or made the required payment, do so now to avoid further interest and penalties. Medical Cannabis Privilege Tax Returns must be filed in My Alabama Taxes. See “How do I register for My Alabama Taxes?” if you do not have a My Alabama Taxes account. Instructions can be obtained by clicking on the ALDOR Form page and selecting Medical Cannabis Privilege Tax from the “Categories/Tax” filter. If you are uncertain if a return was required or filed, please forward a copy of the delinquency notice to your tax professional.

My Alabama Taxes: Taxpayers can make ACH debit payments and credit card payments through their My Alabama Taxes account.

My Alabama Taxes billing payment: Make an ACH debit payment or credit card payment by clicking Pay A Bill I’ve received under Quick payments from the www.myalabamataxes.alabama.gov  home screen. A My Alabama Taxes login is not required, just the billing letter received.

Taxpayer Assistance Group (TAG): Call 334-353-8096 to make a credit card payment over the telephone.

Mail: Check or money orders may be mailed if the amount owed is less than $750. Attach voucher Form MPT-V and payment.


Mail to address below:

Alabama Department of Revenue
Business Privilege Tax Section
P.O. Box 327320
Montgomery, AL 36132-7320

My Alabama Taxes is ALDOR’s online filing and payment system. All future annual MPT returns are required to be filed electronically through My Alabama Taxes.

Once approved and the Medical Cannabis License is issued, ALDOR will receive the registration information from Alabama Medical Cannabis Commission’s license application. A Medical Cannabis Privilege Tax (MPT) account will be issued to the taxpayer. The account number along with a Sign-On ID and Access Code for My Alabama Taxes will be provided in an “Online Filing Info” letter to the taxpayer. Once this letter is received, taxpayers need to visit https://myalabamataxes.alabama.gov/_/#1. In the upper right side of the screen, you will see Username, Password, and Sign In. Beneath that you will see the link “Create a My Alabama Taxes account.” Click this link to register. Select: Medical Cannabis Privilege Tax. Then provide the Account number, Sign On ID, and Access Code. This information is located on the (Online Filing Info) letter.

Contact the Business Privilege Tax Section (334-242-1170, option 8) if you have questions about the Medical Cannabis Privilege Tax.

If you believe you received the delinquency notice in error and have filed the required return, please provide a copy of the return submission confirmation and proof of payment after consulting with your tax professional. Attach copies of the return confirmation and proof of payment to a copy of the Medical Cannabis Privilege tax delinquency notice and email to medicalcannabisprivilegetax@revenue.alabama.gov or mail the response to:

Alabama Department of Revenue
Income Tax Administration
Business Privilege Tax Section – Delinquency Notice Response
P.O. Box 327900
Montgomery, AL  36132-7900


The Alabama Department of Revenue’s records indicate the required return and payment for the tax due have not been received. Businesses licensed by the Medical Cannabis Commission are liable for the Alabama Medical Cannabis Privilege tax for each taxable year during which the business is licensed – regardless of the level of business activity. The minimum Medical Cannabis Privilege tax is $100, and the maximum Medical Cannabis Privilege tax is $15,000.


The federal taxable income to be used for S corporations and limited liability entities is the total amount of income passed through to the shareholders, members, or partners. 810-2-8-.01(1)(b) and 810-2-8-.01(1)(c)