MONTGOMERY, Sept. 15, 2020 – In accordance with the state of emergency declared by Gov. Kay Ivey, the Alabama Department of Revenue (ALDOR) will consider, on a case-by-case basis, relief from late filing penalties for Alabama taxpayers who in the coming days and weeks are unable to timely file tax returns as a result of damage or disruptions caused by Hurricane Sally. Taxpayers may contact the following ADOR offices by telephone to request relief or for any additional assistance:
- Individual Income Tax: 334-353-0602
- Corporate Income Tax: 334-242-1200
- Pass-through Entities: 334-242-1033
- Sales and Use Tax: 334-242-1490
- Business Privilege Tax: 334-353-7923
- Withholding Tax: 334-242-1300
ALDOR will continue to monitor conditions associated with Hurricane Sally and grant further relief measures as appropriate.
Click here to download a PDF version of this release.