An official website of the Alabama State government.

The .gov means it's official

Government websites often end in .gov or .mil. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you’re on an official government site.

The site is secure

The https:// ensures that you are connecting to the official website and that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.

FAQ Categories / Tax: W2 Statements

In order to obtain a copy of your W2s, you may either contact your employer's payroll office and ask for a duplicate copy of your W2, or you may mail in an Alabama Form 4506-W Request for Copy of Withholding Tax Forms. There is a $15.00 fee for each W2 requested and we also ask that you allow 8 to 10 weeks for processing. You may print a copy of this form by clicking this link: http://www.revenue.alabama.gov/wp-contents/uploads/2017/05/4506w.pdf

Submit a copy of the complete federal Form 4852 (Substitute W-2) and attach it to your Alabama return with copies of your pay stubs and/or leave and earnings slips.

In our efforts to combat fraudulent returns, the Department of Revenue matches W-2 information received from your employer before we release any refunds. This message means we can’t complete the processing of your return at this time because there is information that does not match.

As soon as we can reconcile the information, your return will continue to be processed.

You should secure a corrected withholding statement (Form W-2C) from your employer.