The Alabama Department of Revenue has implemented increased security measures to protect Alabamians and the state from identity theft and fraud.
If you have received a notice asking you to complete an ID Confirmation Quiz, you’re in the right place. This 5-minute ID Confirmation Quiz is part of an effort designed to protect your identity and your tax refund. Once you have completed the quiz and your identity has been confirmed, we will continue processing your tax return.
Just 4 Easy Steps:
- Read the instructions on this website.
- Enter the Letter ID from the top right corner of your letter. Enter the last four digits of your SSN/ITIN and your date of birth. Select that you’re READY TO BEGIN THE QUIZ and click NEXT.
- Answer the questions. Select that you’re READY TO SCORE YOUR QUIZ and click SUBMIT.
- Enter your EMAIL ADDRESS to be notified of your results and click YES.
At the end of the quiz, you will see a confirmation screen.
Before You Take the Quiz:
The quiz is based on information associated with the name first listed on the letter you received regarding this quiz. This person is considered the primary taxpayer related to the tax return filed.
You will need
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) of the primary taxpayer
- Letter ID number from the top right corner of your letter
- Current email address
If you need to speak with someone concerning the Identity Confirmation Quiz, have questions regarding the quiz, or to verify your identity over the phone, please call the Alabama Department of Revenue: 1-800-535-9410