The Excise Tax on Financial Institutions is levied to give effect to the provisions of Federal law limiting the right of the states to tax national banking associations.
It is not a tax on income but is an excise tax measured by income. The proceeds of the tax, after the expense of administration, are distributed one-half (50%) to the general fund, 33.3% distributed to the municipalities, and the remaining 16.7% distributed to the counties.
To view a complete listing of forms for individual income tax, please visit the forms page. You may search by form number, title of the form, division, tax category, and/or year.
Most Popular Forms
- Form ET-1: Alabama Financial Institution Excise Tax Return
- Schedule EC: Excise Credits
- Form ET-1C: Consolidated Alabama Financial Institution Excise Tax Return
- Form ET-C: Election for Filing a Consolidated Financial Institution Excise Tax Return (File your form online)
- Form ET-C: Election for Filing a Consolidated Financial Institution Excise Tax Return (Paper form)
- Form FIE-V: Payment Voucher