You may now file your Individual Income Tax Return at My Alabama Taxes
To file your return, you will need a My Alabama Taxes username and have access to your individual income tax account.
Already have a My Alabama Taxes Username?
Go to the My Alabama Taxes website and sign in with your username and password. Once you’re signed in, click the link to your income tax account in the My Accounts list (e.g., IIT-R001234567), then click the File Return link to get started.
New to My Alabama Taxes?
You will need to sign up for a My Alabama Taxes username to access your income tax account, file your return, and make payments.
To sign up:
- Go to the My Alabama Taxes online portal, then click Create a My Alabama Taxes account
- Enter the following information:
- Choose “Individual Income Tax” as your Account Type
- Enter your Social Security Number
- Enter the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) amount from your current or prior year Alabama Income Tax Return
- Once all the information is entered, click the Validate button. Once it’s validated, complete the rest of the required information and submit your My Alabama Taxes sign-up request.
- Your My Alabama Taxes sign-up request will be completed automatically and you will receive an email within a few minutes containing your approval and an authorization code that you will need to use the first time you log into My Alabama Taxes.
- Once you’re logged in, click the link to your income tax account in the My Accounts list (e.g., IIT-R001234567), and then click the File Return to get started.