Notice: The bulk filing file layout for A1/A6 returns will change effective for files uploaded after January 27, 2024, to add the additional fields required for the overtime exemption reporting requirements.
Important! If uploading December 2023 returns after January 27, 2024, the bulk file must use the new file layout. Zeros should be entered for the “Number of Employees with Exempt Overtime Wages” and “Total Amount of Exempt Overtime Wages Paid” and a “1” entered in the “No Exempt Overtime Wages Paid to Report.”
If you are a bulk filer, then you can check A1/A6 files for errors before uploading to My Alabama Taxes by using the utility program below. The Excel utility will check the file for errors based on the specifications provided by ALDOR.
- NEW AL_A1A6REPORT_CHECK_24.xls in EXCEL Updated: 01/17/2024 (Use for files to be uploaded after January 27, 2024)
The file must be comma delimited and include all fields in the order specified in the file layout. Although all fields are required to be included in the file, only certain fields require data. All money fields must include dollars and cents with decimals. Only .txt or .csv file extensions are allowed. Compressed (.zip) files are allowed as long as they contain only one .txt or .csv file.
- Click on the AL_A1A6REPORT_CHECK_24.xls link to open the program.
- Click the Check File for Errors button.
- A browser will appear to select your file to check.
- Select the A1/A6 file to check.
- The AL_A1A6REPORT_CHECK_24 utility will read each account for errors and show the Results/Errors for each account.